Being Queen Bee!

Now that September is officially over, I am piecing together the blocks I received from the bee I'm in.  Watching all the blocks arrive, each one different, was so much fun.  At first I just had to wonder how I would ever end up with a cohesive quilt top from so many different blocks!

I asked for simple Churn Dash blocks
I still do not have a design wall (working on that) so the pieces went onto the design {floor} as soon as each package came in the mail.  I matched each block where it looked best to me, moving them only if something else arrived and demanded a switch.


Everything stayed in place for awhile so I could ponder the sashing decision.  Sashing!  How to use something besides a solid (boring) but avoid clashing with so many prints.  I finally pulled out a jelly roll I'd been saving for a long time.  Carolyn Friedlander Botanics.   I used the more calm stripes and soft patterns for most of the sashing and then pops of colors for corner squares.


Yes, a row is missing!  It's been another long week, but I wanted to see what would happen if I pressed on a little.  Hopefully there will be more to show in a day or two.  Or three.

Linking up to Show off Saturday at Sew Can She!!!

Hugs to all,
Debbie


Comments

  1. I really like how the spots of color in the corners of the sashing is working here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crushing on churn dash blocks right now and can't wait to see your top completed. The color cornerstones really pull it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice mix of fabrics you received! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Every time a package came in the mail I was so excited!

      Delete
  4. It's coming together quite nicely!! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave me a message! I will most certainly answer you!

Popular Posts